The following is the protocol that we will follow during inclement weather. This information is also in your 2017-2018 Parent/ Student Handbook.
Our students are bused from numerous districts in Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens, so it is necessary to be mindful of dangerous weather conditions in a number of areas besides your own. The Vincent Smith School may take action and close down before your local school district does the same.
TO LEARN THE STATUS OF THE VINCENT SMITH SCHOOL IN THE MORNING:
- You will be receiving an automated and/or an e-mail. Also, please check our website.
- We will be listed on television on News 12 Long Island and on the Channel 12 News website.
- We will be named on the radio in 1010 WINS at 48 minutes after the hour.
- We will be listed on Channel 4.
- The School message machine will note our status (if we have not lost power).
YOUR HOME DISTRICT'S PROCEDURE:
Keep in mind that if your home district has a delayed opening, this may affect when your child is picked up by your district bus for transport to the Vincent Smith School.
PROCEDURE FOR EARLY DISMISSAL FROM VINCENT SMITH SCHOOL:
1. When an "early dismissal" is in effect, the School will send every child home by his or her standard method of transportation.
2. We will make every possible attempt to notify you. BE SURE TO UPDATE WORK, CELL, AND HOME PHONE NUMBERS with the Main Office.
It is the parent's responsibility to give advance instructions for early school closing emergencies, specifically, WHERE THE CHILD GOES AFTER BEING DROPPED OFF. When an early dismissal is in effect the School cannot guarantee that last-minute changes will be honored. Please discuss procedures with your child.
Hoping for a mild winter!
Head of School